Originally we were Trull Lawn Tennis Club which was in Amberd Lane, Staplehay. In 1948 difficulties arose about the Sports Club’s tenure of the site and it was concluded that they would give up possession of the existing courts and buy land at the rear of the Crown Inn, Staplehay and start a new club there.
In 1949 the constitution of Trull Tennis Club was approved. The site in which we still use now was purchased from Mr.Eli James Dunn for £120 which included 2 hard courts and later 2 grass courts. The first adult annual subscription was 2 guineas (or £2.10) and there were 109 adult members.
A month passed and we were down to our last £10. Plans to erect the pavilion brought from the original site at Amberd Lane in 2 sections were put on hold. The situation was saved by an offer from the committee member and captain, Mr Beer who gave the Club £25 to lay the foundations for the pavilion.
In 1958 all courts were changed to hard courts and has since enjoyed grants from the Sports Council and Taunton Deane Borough Council to erect flood lights and resurface the courts making the club what we are today.